Classic Oils Gear Oil EP140 is a high viscosity, monograde gear oil for classic gearboxes and differentials requiring EP lubrication with GL-4 specification. It’s manufactured from high quality mineral base oils and contains high levels of extreme pressure (EP) additives for outstanding anti-wear protection, while also being fully compatible with yellow metals.
Gear Oil EP140 may be used to lubricate hypoid axles and spiral bevel final drives, and is also suitable for spur and helical gears. The high viscosity means this thicker oil can be a good choice for older vehicles where some wear may have occurred. It should not be used in high off-set hypoid axles where API GL-5 oils are recommended or with limited slip differentials.
- Safe for use with phosphor bronze and all copper alloys
- High level of wear protection
- Good protection against rust and corrosion
- Excellent oxidation stability
- Suitable for synchromesh gearboxes