Red Line 75W90 NS gear oil blended with fully-synthetic ester base stocks, has been specifically formulated for use in manual transmissions and transaxles that require GL-5 lubricants. It helps to slow synchros for easier shifting across a broad temperature range.
Red Line 75W90 NS contains extreme pressure (EP) additives (like Red Line 75W90 GL-5 oil) allowing use with hypoid gears, but lacks friction modifiers to balance slipperiness. Friction modifier can be added or used to customize limited-slip differential operation.
The non-slip formula offers shear stability, less gear noise and consistent viscosity.
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Improved copper corrosion protection to prolong synchro life
- Helps with lock-up on weak limited-slip differentials – compatible with Red Line Limited Slip Friction Modifier for tuning slippage
- Also used with clutch-type LSDs in racing for maximum lock up
- Recommended for API GL-5, GL-6, MT-1, MIL-L-2105E and SAE J2360.